Caveman 3.0 Beta 17 released!
Latest update: Beta 17, Jan 16th 2015 (88 Meg)
New for Beta 17:
BETTER SAVANNA GRASS GRAPHICS
BETTER ROCK COLLISIONS
BETTER HUT COLLISIONS
SINGLE ENCOUNTER CHECK PER PARTY
* turned off f9-f12 in fps input. anytime input already does them.
* improved graphics: made savanna grass spacing and x,y,z scales data driven. adjusted savanna grass spacing and scales.
* fixed: collision maps didn't "hollow out" huts and perm shelters
* more accurate collision checking vs huts & perm shelters. if collision map says its a collision,
it then checks using the older more accurate method (true 2d distance from hut) to determine if collision occurred.
* changed draw, collision map, and action area for rocks so they all match up nicely.
* bm2 gets animal encounters when near bm1. it should only check for bm1, and skip bm2. or in general: check for bm "lowest" and skip all bm "highers". fixed: off by one error in encounters_already_checked(). it looped over 0 thru Bm-2 not 0 thru Bm-1.
* move following bm's: don't move if they're doing an action.
* make ani: draw them higher off the ground.
* make it so you slide off obstacles, instead of stopping.
* added slide on collision to collisions with band members, animals, steep rises, cave walls, and cavern walls, as well as terrain obstacles.