- 2014-09-25 - Replace overworld array of Tiles with Tilemap object. (to help create basic house interiors)
- 2014-10-01 - Tilemap stuff still in progress
- 2014-10-14 - Mostly Stable
- 2014-10-21 - Work on neglected Serialization code
- 2014-11-07 - Fairly Stable
- 2014-11-10 - Change Town object into Actor object
- 2014-11-21 - Mostly working again
- 2014-11-24 - Beginning NPC Instruction work
- 2014-11-27 - Refactor instruction script code.
- 2014-12-04 - Instruction labeling
- 2014-12-12 - Scripting changes in progress
- 2014-12-23 - Generally Stable
- 2015-01-09 - More Collision Refactoring
- 2015-01-12 - Collision rewrite in progress
- 2015-01-14 - Collision rewrite looking ok so far
- 2015-02-19 - Collision work
- 2015-02-24 - Embedding collision issue appears resolved
- 2015-02-27 - CollideTestStep1 Rewrite
- 2015-03-04 - NPC Path finding and steering still sucks but is reasonably stable
- 2015-03-19 - Begin Connecting Houses with roads
- 2015-04-07 - Redoing House Connecting
- 2015-04-15 - Houses now connect with fewer Road objects created
The current plan is to get these Road objects all in place such that they effectively connect all the houses in a town to each other and also connect one town to another. When that is done I'm planning on having NPCs do their path finding based on the network of road objects rather than map tiles.
I'm not sure how I got on this tangent but it appears that the direction I'm going is to try to get something looking like a busy town where the people wake up at home, going to work, maybe going shopping or to the pub, and then head home and repeat. There's still no actual game to this thing yet but I'm pressing on with the theory that if I can turn this day to day activity into a simple economy (probably centered on rent, food, and beer) then maybe adding in things to disrupt activities will provide a player something to do.
I suppose if I really wanted to, I could just abandon the path finding stuff and let townsfolk wander stupidly and then carve out some caves underneath all the towns where demons and treasure could be found. I'd have something more resembling a game rather quickly. But I think I'd rather see if this plan that I have going will work out.
I'm procrastinating on beginning the next thing I want to work on for my project so I thought I might as well post something here. Unfortunately, there's not really much progress that can be shown with screen shots or video. So for the heck of it, I thought I'd more or less just copy & paste the descriptions I have on my back up folders.