Last 10 days were a nice experience, getting feedback on my first ever beta release of a (semi serious) game.
Semi serious in this case, meaning that it went through the full development cycle (although its release is not aimed to earn money), uses my own engine and mostly assets created by myself and a friend (audio).
So first of all, thanks to everyone for the valuable input (i.e. Eppo, NightCreature and others).
What's changed since the 1st beta build?
Default lower graphics settings
- It seemed that X8 MSAA is not a good default setting for avera users, so changed to X2 MSAA
- also added a video options setting to manually change the setting and tweak/ play around
- PowerUp's are now Gold instead of white, difference in size alone didn't draw enough attention to these powerful thingies
- Bug fix: in some occasions the player would get stuck in the maze (top view only), because of a bug in the collision detection routines. Changed this to the 'right way', which also 'feels' better when playing. For those interested:
- Precompiled shaders instead of realtime compilation, this really saves startup time (since there are about 140 permutations for the ubershader)
- better game balance for Normal and Hard difficulties
Ofcourse I'd love to hear your feedback on the 2nd beta build, which can be downloaded here:
(nice with an installer and everything )
Have fun and keep the feedback coming