I come here to make a little update on my main project. After my last update, in which I spoke about the first scene's prototyping, I worked on the second scene. I won't tell you about all the little details of this scene, but my main approach of this task is the following :
- make a scene with the right scale
- create the main objects (houses, for a city part, for example)
- bring some details, like wood crates, or vehicles
- detail the houses, with some levels, roofs, doors, windows
- put a bunch of living beings, NPCs and others
- add some other details, but more precisely than in the previous steps
I began the third scene, which is the first indoor scene, and beside this, I make some progress on the gameplay conception.
I have some ideas, but I continue to think that it's not enough creative, dynamic or fresh. So, I think I will take more time to search for new ideas, to bring a dynamic gameplay to this game.
Do you have some advices to find some nice ideas ? A methodology to improve my creativity, or arrange my thoughts ? Or anything else that could make a game better, and full of uniqueness ?
See you soon !
(You can still follow my progression on facebook, here, or on my wordpress, here)