Its far from finished and includes only the first level/tutorial but that is all I have had time for so far. Please give it a try and let me know if there are any serious issues like it not starting.
You control an Orc Adventuring party/Leader, the aim is to gather as much loot as possible and get the highest share of the loot you can when you exit the level. The less people left in your party the bigger your share.
(Go back to the stairs to exit.)
WASD Controls the party.
UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT Moves the camera. (You shouldn't need to do this though.)
Numpad 4 Sends a normal orc. He will collect loot.
Numpad 5 Sends a rogue orc, he is faster and will not spring traps. He will collect loot.
Esc Quit to main menu. (Useful if you get stuck. By design or bug.)
- VERY LITTLE CONTENT
- I know of one crash in the fireball corridoor, timings need to be just right as far as I can tell though for it to occur.
- No animations on the orcs, or rotation. Orcs & rogues use the last direction the party went in.
- Missing textures for the corner pieces of the level.
- Jitter in the main party movement.
- No mouse control for main menu.
- Your share of the loot is not included on the game screen, only the game over and level complete screens.
Still To Do
I still have a few hours today and possibly all of tomorrow to add some more content:
- More Levels
- Missing Textures
- Further Tidy up of graphics.
- Warrior/Shaman orc type (Warriors will replace standard orcs)
- Magic Artifiact / Teleporters / Walls & Bridges
- Better Level Complete / Game Over / Menu Screen / Title Screen
Please let me know your thoughts and feedback, good and bad.
For now I would recommend skipping the tutorial, you will get more play time... If you want help though: (How can I put a spoiler type tag or hide a block of text??) highlight the hidden text below.
[color=#f0fff0]Go down to the first corridor and stand on the switch to open the door. You will become trapped if you go in.[/color]
[color=#f0fff0]Send a rogue, he will grab the far loot.[/color]
[color=#f0fff0]Send an orc, he will trip the spike trap blocking the path.[/color]
[color=#f0fff0]Send your rogue again, the blocked path will cause him to grab the second loot.[/color]
Need help for the third loot?
[color=#f0fff0]Go to the fireball corridor, wait outside of its range.[/color]
[color=#f0fff0]After the fireball hits the wall run down the corridor.[/color]
[color=#f0fff0]Send a rogue to block the fireball and save yourself.[/color]
[color=#f0fff0]Leave the door closed to allow your escape.[/color]
[color=#f0fff0]Grab the full share of the loot![/color]