So today was fairly good. Managed to clean up a lot of code and issues I had, while allowing new levels to be set up more quickly. As a result, there's now 2.5ish levels in the game. The final level is wanting some new features which I really want to get in. Time is starting to become the main hurdle right now.
Apart from the new mechanic, I still have quite a few issues to sort out:
- Animations need adding and fixing.
- Indications for the swapping mechanic, to show what you can and can't swap.
- Possibly some introduction with a very brief settings/lore piece.
- Some sort of level completion screen.
- Some sort of game completion screen.
- There's currently no sounds in the game (only music).
- Various other polish issues.
All in all, I think it's looking fairly good, especially the limited time taken into consideration (and the fact that it's the first time I'm using Unity).
For now, here are some screenshots. There might be a build later on tonight, if I can get things into a working state before I go to bed.
Thanks for reading :)