Play in your browser.
-LMMS (Kinda, music broke)
things I coulda done better/took too long on
Spent a couple of hours on the broccoli when I spent about 10 - 15 minutes on every other model (my reasoning for why that was okay, since I gave myself 10hours for modeling). About an hour for the snake's head which was fine but I also spent 3 - 4hrs of time on a 3d rat that I didn't use since it just wasn't working out. Even though I didn't go over the time I gave myself I coulda skipped the rat and taken less time on the broccoli, and increased the programming/polish time.
Was going to do some original ones but I did spend a bit of time drawing them from pictures so I just scanned and cleaned those for use.
Wasted a whole day. I really don't know what happened but I gotta reinstall now. For some reason what I hear when I play a sound in lmms isn't what the sound will be when exported. It's not just the file I was working on as any other project I opened had the same problem. Something is effecting the pitch and speed of notes but just fixing the length in audacity doesn't do it fully, so something else is also the problem. Recording straight from the editor with a microphone also creates too much static. So I just used a song I had made for my first game.
I wish I had better clarity of what food type was what, as well a clarity for what tiles could be matched. I'll have to think of a way later. Maybe have the food take up more space on the square, so then I could leave the tile colors the same depending on food type. I originally had the tiles the same color but scanning the screen for matching tiles was too hard.
-I like what I did for the food with having a glow, but I dunno if I would use it in a phone since resources are important, although I need to learn how to profile and optimize to know what should be dropped first. I did that to differentiate the food from the tiles better since they were blending into the background.
-when turning the snake sometimes eats food that isn't near it.
I plan to make this game into a mobile game and maybe browser. I also want to turn this into a game about nutritional information and leave out the whole pharmaceutical thing or I might make two versions. Either way I want to show the effects of different nutritional imbalances. Some features I want to add is a way to combine two different tile types, but have the combine work only if there is the two types. Like combining Vitamin C with iron, but not have only Vit C or only Iron be combinable.
But before I do any of that I have to finish reworking the art assets (I could use ideas) in my first mobile game Vincible, then advertise.
wow, dunno how I missed it but another bug is that the ratios keep getting higher and eventually will max out. which is odd since when the food is eaten I have in my script if copper is eaten.
copperScrollbar.size += .05f;
zincScrollbar.size -= .05f;
and the opposite if zinc is eaten.
Also, I want to add in something to check to make sure matches are possible or rearrange the tiles if not.