I've been tinkering mostly with all the behind-the-scenes stuff that makes a game tick. So for a brain-break, I turned to some eye candy :)
In my head (the perfect programming location where nothing goes wrong and everything works as you think it should) I have a volumetric shader that is struggling to be born. I will solve it one day, but so far it has eluded my GLSL skillz. For now, I must be content with the normal 'sprite' based systems which most have seen before. But, I couldn't leave it there. So I added procedural noise to get that random flame-like effect, and I'm fairly chuffed with the results!
As ever, it's a lot better in action - so if you can stand the drone of my voice, please check out the video!