So in the last month I have made, remade then scrapped and made again a text renderer for OpenGL using freetype2. I think I am finally happy with it but I am very sure that will change. I still want to add in a way to find available fonts but that can happen whenever I am not too bothered at the moment. After sorting out my renderer the first time I wanted to add a simple list option which triggered remake one when I realized the code was a mess and I needed to add stuff too it. Got that sorted then made a menu selection thingy which then made me change loads of code again and ultimately ended with me deleting the whole thing and starting again with my new knowledge of how i wanted it set out! As much as I know that this isn't all that productive I have done it as I can't decide what I want to make next and I wanted text I could generate on the fly rather than having a file sitting about to be loaded as a texture. Anywho it is done and now I can let it rot in the deep dark damp depths of my hdd!