Well, this wraps up the end of day 2 for me (more like the beginning of Day 3, since it's 5AM. :wink:)
I felt like I've made some very significant progress, though I'm still nervous because I have alot of known-in-advance time-consuming distractions later in the week that'll heavily eat into programming time.
I've implemented collision, events, dialogue (but it's not written yet), and starting to work on the combat. I think the combat is going to fall into place fairly quickly, but well, famous last words! :D
Here's a fun look at me hackishly hard-coding scripted events into the game:
Thankfully, I scrapped that and quickly slapped together a very basic DSL instead:
MovePlayerTo "(475,2200)"ShowText (400,2100) 2.5 "Test text"AddEnemy 1ShowText (400,2200) 3.0 "This is another test"
The game takes place in a broken down manor-house, which I spent some time on today doing art for.
It's not finished yet, but here's what I got done this morning:
I got a bit more done than that, but it's not visible in this screenshot.
[rollup=Oh, by the way, the artist left these behind...]