As you may remember from the previous post, we have an AI-powered avatar creation tool that allows to create realistic game avatars from one selfie - Avatar SDK. Embedded in the game, it allows players to instantly create their virtual selves. We use deep learning to build an accurate 3D model of a head and predict all the tiny details of face, so each avatar gets completely unique!
We've released the beta version of the Avatar Web API more than a month ago and since that time we've collected feedback from lots of developers. And today we are excited to announce two important updates - the release of Avatar Web API v1.0 and the release of beta Unity plugin!
Avatar Web API
The key features of Avatar Web API v1.0:
- Automatic generation of a textured 3D face model from a single selfie photo. Works with any frontal photo of a face.
- Shape and texture are unique for each person, and are synthesized with a deep learning algorithm.
- While we are working on improving hair model synthesis, Avatar SDK provides a predefined set of hairstyles which you can also use in your application.
- 3D reconstruction pipeline in the cloud with an easy to use Web API, scalable to whatever throughput required.
More features to be added in the upcoming releases, including fullbody animated avatar support, hair synthesis, haircut recoloring and more!
The Avatar API will be available on a subscription basis. The starting plan (Free) is intended for development and testing, it will be completely free, but limited to 50 avatars per month. Other plans (Indie, Plus, Pro) offer higher volume of avatars per month depending on your application business model and user flow.
For more information about API and pricing, please visit: https://itseez3d.com/avatar-sdk.html.
Unity plugin (beta)
The plugin is a plug-n-play solution for all Unity developers that are interested in our technology, and it allows you to start experimenting with avatars in gameplay in a matter of minutes.
- Fully asynchronous C# API for all Web API requests such as creating, calculating and downloading of avatars
- With zip utility and runtime .ply reader the downloaded avatar can be automatically displayed in a Unity scene - no need to worry about mesh formats
- Several textured haircuts provided for each avatar
- Easy to use authentication pipeline with editor GUI
- Well documented samples
- Works on mobile and desktop platforms supported by Unity
The plugin is ready for production use but is still called Beta, because weaEUR(TM)re planning to add many more features before calling it an official release.
Some of the functions our user can anticipate in the future versions:
- Blend shape facial animations
- Unique haircuts inferred from the looks of each person
- Support for full body avatars and automatic tools that can attach head to arbitrary body preserving correct skeletal animations
- Cartoonish stylisation of avatars and different rendering modes
- Multiple LODs to provide best user experience on both mobile and desktop platforms (at the moment avatars have around 6K polygons, which should still be acceptable in most cases)
- Integration with cameras on mobile platforms
- More haircuts and the option to change hair color In a more distant future - face tracking, lip sync and many more
For more information about plugin, please visit https://itseez3d.com/avatar-sdk.html.
We also plan to add support for Unreal Engine and iOS in the near future. If you're working on these platforms, please stay tuned for more updates from us.
If you have any questions about the API or plugin, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We'd really love to hear your feedback!