• Advertisement
  • entries
    16
  • comments
    30
  • views
    6423

Week of Awesome V, Part 7: Resurrection of the crunch.

857 views

So I'm pretty tired at this point, but I managed to add more things than I had originally hoped at the start of the day. So I created a list for them.

- SDL2.dll fix
pysdl2 couldn't find the SDL2.dll on Windows 7, even though it worked fine on Windows 8 and 10. So I helped the searching a bit.

- Story intro
When you start in the cabin, there's a little bit of text being played that describes the alien invasion. It also tells the player the controls.

- Items!
This is the biggest feature added today. You now have an inventory and can use food items both outside and inside battle.

- Mushrooms
Speaking of food items, there are now brown mushrooms hidden in the maps that will give you a consumable mushroom item. Just don't take too many okay?

- The magic baseball bat
Harris will now start with an attack power of 1. Which is pretty wimpy. So I've added a new area to the north that contains a baseball bat that will increase the attack power by 1 and will also unlock the shockwaves needed to defeat some enemies.

- Recon droid
The alien gunners are a bit too hard when starting with an attack power of 1. So I created these guys which are handy for leveling up with.

- Floating cube
This is a new enemy in the cliffs map. It can only be damaged by shockwaves and will revive any fallen alien gunners.

- UFO fight improved
Speaking of reviving, this is what the UFO can do now too. Which is a good thing because it needs level 2 shockwaves for it to go down.

Anyway, that's it for me. I'll do a post-mortem later, in a couple or days or so.


Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g48m5osggyb006g/ThunderStruck_v0.0.7.zip

Controls: Arrow keys for movement, V for confirm, C for cancel, X to open the inventory.

screenshot7.png



5 Comments


Recommended Comments

Really nice game with a nice RPG feel. The combat art is the best part of the game and animated backgrounds adds to the alien feel.

I did encounter a problem that prevented me from finishing the game. I attacked aliens to strong for me and was unable to do damage to them and at the same time running kept failing. They also kept failing to hit me so I was stuck in a endless loop of random values.

This game is very good and interesting, the text was worth reading. The item system allowed for strategies and the new mushrooms allow for a faster level up as you can take bigger risks.

Edited by Scouting Ninja

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Really nice game with a nice RPG feel. The combat art is the best part of the game and animated backgrounds adds to the alien feel.

I did encounter a problem that prevented me from finishing the game. I attacked aliens to strong for me and was unable to do damage to them and at the same time running kept failing. They also kept failing to hit me so I was stuck in a endless loop of random values.

This game is very good and interesting, the text was worth reading. The item system allowed for strategies and the new mushrooms allow for a faster level up as you can take bigger risks.

Hey Scouting Ninja, thanks for the kind words. I'm wondering though, you did get the baseball bat in the northern forest area right? Without it you can't create shockwaves, and without shockwaves you can't damage the floating cubes and the UFO.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, __Toz__ said:

you did get the baseball bat in the northern forest area right?

I did not. Also now if I go into the game it starts right at the point where the cube attacks me. I will be playing it again, although I also want to play the other games.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, Scouting Ninja said:

I did not. Also now if I go into the game it starts right at the point where the cube attacks me. I will be playing it again, although I also want to play the other games.

If you're going to play it again, you can start anew by deleting the save.json file. Or you can just walk back to the pond area again.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Advertisement