Already 5 days since the end of the contest. Here is my post mortem. I liked my week in general. I improved my knowledge on monogame while improving my small personal game engine.
Things that went weel
- The creation of the story was very good. For those who wonder, there are 8 levels of planned in my game. My initial goal was to finish the tutorial and level 1.
- Finding music has been a breeze. I had already discovered the artist on Newsground in the past.
- The programming in general has been well. I did not have any major problems.
Things that went bad
- I did not have time to find all the SFXs I wanted.
- I've lost a lot of time trying to find a good futuristic tileset and that's probably why I could not create Level 1.
To conclude, a big thank you to slicer4ever for organizing this competition. Also, another big thank you, to those who tested my game and who gave me their comments. I will use it to continue my game. I give myself some days of rest but it's certain that I will work on it again. Those who want to follow me will be able to do it here on my gamedev blog or via twitter: https://twitter.com/sjs_studio