A post a bit special as it is not about my game project (https://www.gamedev.net/projects/4-shoot/), hence the blog to which I am posting this. But still, it will look familiar to someone that saw a few screenshots...
The central parts are in the prototyping state. I just finished building the side blocs above the wings. The completed sections are made of nearly 760 parts. The process I am following is:
- prototype a section with the parts my children have. My own models are on shelves (not glued) so I am not using them,
- re-create the section on the computer at http://www.mecabricks.com sometimes with better parts than the one I have used for the prototype,
- export the parts list to https://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page to buy them so I can give back the parts to my children,
- enjoy the assembly.
I do not know how long it will take to get this thing done (delivery charges increase the cost a lot so I have to delay the purchase a bit) but I hope it will be finished before the end of the year...