Hey folks! Back again with a small update this time. This week I came down with a really bad flu, so the art side of things slowed down a bit toward the end of this week.
In saying that, we've got enemies started! At the moment we have two enemies: Slimes and Bats, because all RPGs need Slimes and Bats!
The Slime is using A* Pathfinding in order to locate the player and navigate toward them, avoiding obstacles to give you a big squishy hug of death.
Our Bats operate a little differently due to them being able to fly over obstacles. Instead they are using Raycasts and a simple Rigidbody to give them a "floaty" feel when they move around and when hit with an attack, their knockback is double that of a regular enemy to really give the feeling that these fellas are flying around.
Another thing we've added in is the Elemental Variants of enemies. Whilst we're still working on the different damage types, the artwork for all the variants of these two enemies have been prototyped. (Trying to get a good picture with these monsters hurts! They knocked 5 hearts off me!)
We've also done more tidying up here and there, though nothing terribly noticeable at the moment.
I'll hopefully have a bit of a meatier blog post next week as we go further into combat, start working on scene transitions, menus and get this project from a system prototype to something resembling a game.
Till next time, folks!