Okay, so major notable changes/updates in this build(mostly untested):
- Revamped player steering and lots of tweaks to the way the player interacts with surfaces in the game. As a side effect you can now almost fly endlessly(with airBoost Fuel) by tapping the flip back button and keeping the board straight. hehe, I'm gonna need to add an Altimeter and revamp the records section a bit after this..
- Revamped NPC steering, should prove more reliable and less twitchy.
- Introduction of System Damage, damage that occurs as the result of explosions(mostly turret snowballs, your own do a little damage but not enough to accumulate).
- Arena levels, the first playable level featuring 10 pretty hard to defeat turrets firing explosive(on contact with the player) snowballs.
- Snowball explosions that trigger other snowball explosions.
Player snowball explosions can trigger turret snowball explosions(only 1 level deep, but it's enough), mass explosions do lots of damage.. watch out! Too much damage and you lose the arena level. Also, turrets can still fire if they are close enough to their platforms, their numbers will disappear and the platform will spray particles straight up when they are offline. These were fun to make!
Strategy Note: Hold Right-Click on the mouse and use reverse thrust, this fixes your camera angle "forward" so you can aim while in motion.
The System Damage slowly repairs itself over time, but not very fast... When you lose, you just get kicked back to game start position so you can try again. There will be a screen with stats and music and whatnot when I get it all working.
SlingBot Boarding v0.3.7 https://www.kongregate.com/games/WilliamOlyOlson/slingbot-boarding
Keep in mind, several days of programming with only a couple web builds, significantly less time testing.. haha, let me know if you find any bugs!
Enjoy and let me know what ya think!