It's been more than a month since the last diary. Frankly, it was a hard month for me in terms of development.
Most of the time was devoted to the construction of the structure of society, the interaction of the population, the transition from one stratum to another. It took a lot of time to build economic ties.
At one point, I decided to throw some scheme of our project, which allowed a little systematize all my thoughts and see the degree of implementation of certain tasks. Who is interested to assess the scale, you can see the resulting scheme: https://mm.tt/1209438933?t=mBE5c38pFT
In between work on the gameplay part of the thing with the mountains, and returned them again to the ice caps:
Alexey made new optimized palm trees-270-350 triangles on one subtile
Great result with such a landfill!
I also managed to experiment with the user interface and made this sketch:
And more or less brought him to mind:
I prefer this interface concept. Before the interface was very heavy and it looked as if looking into the tube. But now clearly lacks any curls
Then I experimented with transparent objects, we had an idea to implement such fields initially:
But, in the end, we decided to focus on such an option:
In a long box I had the task of building walls around our settlements. Alexey made models, already as half a year ago, but his hands did not reach them. I had to dust them off.:
The problem was not trivial, it was necessary to carry out a lot of calculations to determine the need for a wall with an entrance, here is an example of such a case:
And here is masterpiece deciduous trees on 800 triangles on subtil:
Then I broke everything.:
There came a ten-day period of optimization and rethinking of everything that was done on the render.
And all this is due to the fact that I came up with one idea, how else to optimize our render. Unfortunately, I was not able to implement all my ideas, so to speak, theoretical calculations went against the practical results.
But the result was still impressive. The first thing I want to mention — we now have 16 subtiles on the tile, and was 9. Before mesh subflow was 3x3, 4x4 now. 484 tops against 1089 now. The number of vertices per tile has increased 2.25 times, and the performance has remained at the same level and the map generation is now faster, as the most time-consuming process of normals calculation is now faster. This happened due to the fact that I removed from the calculations all the numbers with a period after the decimal point, such as 1\3 and 2\3. Now all calculations on both CPU side so GPU are faster.
This is especially noticeable on large and huge worlds:
The increase in the number of vertices and subflow allowed to implement more realistic mountains:
Now our render takes out 32 million polygons!!! True to my GTX660 IS only 10FPS
Alteration of the whole world on the structure of 4x4 sub-tails resulted in alteration of generation of mountains, hills, rivers, scaling of all models. Which together took those 10 days.
- Also, the following points have been implemented about which I would like to briefly tell:
- Normalmaps for the whole of terrane.
- An error with the calculation of normalmap.
- Corrected an interface error on the containers voznikayuschaya when the MouseEntered MouseExited events.
- Go to / from full screen mode by pressing F11.
A lot of time I took one bug:
5 hours I killed on his the search
Thank you for your attention!