Survival Game | The Mills
Hello! My Name is Nova Villanueva. I am the indie developer of the game, The Mills. Today I worked on integrating the cinematic animation for the intro of the game. I had embedded the intro animation for the teaser trailer within the actual game's scene. This was a horrible idea - every time I had to playtest the game, of course we had to watch the intro animation. Anyway, I moved over the intro of the animation to another scene that we can get through the Main Menu. Main Menu -> Intro Animation -> Game
I am using Unity's Cinemachine for the cameras but using Maya for animation so there is a disconnect. Tomorrow or later today I'll try using the timeline of Cinemachine better to combine things.
- Fixed: The Navmesh (what lets players and robots know where they can walk) was acting up. I increase the Voxel in the advance settings back to .07. I dropped it too low before as I was trying to get a better response, but I went too over board with it.
To Do - Things on my mind
- Add the Grenade for the player to be able to craft to the programming. The item can already be made to explode robots (to loot them).
- Use Zbrush to sculpt the main characters hair. Right now nobody know that its suppose to be a girl.
- Use Timeline for Cinemachine
- Check out if the entire scene will work better with ambient light. The robots right now are either too unlit or the 'specular' goes crazy when lit.
Game Dev Log | Today's Screenshot
Live Development Stream
I am on twitch most days from 12-1PM (U.S.A Eastern Time) from New York at: Nova's Twitch