The results of my SEO experiment are starting to come in. A little background on the project yesterday I started an experiment of sorts. I went back and improved the SEO of all my previous blog posts as well as a variety of other things to try and improve my number of hits. You can read about my efforts here https://gildedoctopusstudios.com/seo/ . As you can see there was an extreme uptick in both unique sessions and page views. Sure my blog doesn’t have very many unique sessions and it currently does not make me any money but it’s just started. I figure give it time and see what happens. It’s part of my multi-pronged approach to reach my goal of making as much working from home as I can working a 9-5 programming job. It’s not something that I expect to happen over night but I figure if I persevere and try several different options to figure out what works best for me in time it will happen.
The blog is one of the approaches that so far I am really enjoying. I love researching tech techniques and it gives me the chance to show off a little bit of what I’m currently working on. I’m really pleased with the SEO changes I’ve made. The SEO results are quite encouraging. It definitely is an immediate and effective way to improve the number of views on a blog. I’m really looking forward to seeing the results from it over a longer period of time than just one day. It wasn’t even a full day for that matter.
My plan is to continue trying to improve my site’s SEO through some additional tips I found at https://backlinko.com/seo-techniques. Most of them are about improving the actual key words and key phrases that you use. So it should mesh nicely with what I’ve already done. I’ll post updates on the SEO techniques I’m using as I discover and implement new ones.