And another week of daily gamedev gone by. The improvements implemented in the last week are not too exciting visually. I finally implemented a proper world storage format, including for the new quest system, as well as save states for the whole shebang. The framework used for that should be general enough to survive future expansions of the games as well, or in the very least I strongly hope that's the case. Other than that I added a crawling mechanic to allow the player through tighter gaps.
And just today I completed an auto-tiling mechanism in the editor, which allows prototyping new levels very quickly.
I'm also still thinking about UI toolkit theory. Hopefully I can dig into the meat of that soon, though it'll probably be a multi-week endeavour.