Hey hello there! Welcome to this week's Weekly Updates! So last week was a lot busier than these last two weeks. I fixed several bugs, changed some GUI elements and also added a new piece of equipment. So without further ado let's get this thing start, shall we?
First, I will show the new GUI. Basically, after much thought, I decided that the windows were not enough "Windows 95" to my taste. So I did some small research to correct everything.
First, I corrected the colours of the graphic elements. For example, tabs were previously just white. Now the difference in lightness is much more subtle.
Besides that, I also decided to add groups of elements (For those who know, think HTML <fieldset>). I noticed that many Windows 95 windows used this kind of separation.
So I had to tinker with the same kind of element in Unity. See the result:
I put fieldset one can everywhere through the various GUI of the game. With that, I really have the impression that it is very 90s.
Read-only Grooved Fields
Finally, I also added read-only graphical elements. This once again reinforces the Windows 95 theme.
I also continued refactoring the colour management code of the GUI. In short, I think the GUI needed it!
secondly, following the brainstorming session last week, I managed to add a new piece of equipment: the party glasses.
Focus: Future Funk
Whoah! What a beautiful pair of funky glasses! With those, you can surely party all night long!
- DEF -2
- AGL +1
This is a pair of festive glasses. These use plastic shutters to filter some of the light out. It's really 80s looking too!
With these glasses, the screen gets dimer by 25%. Also, with the right focus, a bonus of agility (+3) is acquired.
- Fixed a bug with the analog blur not showing up anymore
- Changed the appearance of the ice.
- Fixed a bug that broke billboarding elements
- Fixed a bug where some mall windows wouldn't show up
- Fixed some wrongly coloured textures
Added a new window groove texture.
- This replaces the typical button groove on some elements
- Added multiple new capacities related to the type of attacks
- Fixed a bug where the frosted frame that appears when the player gets the frozen status was no longer displayed.
- Refactor the frosted frame of the frozen status so that it uses instead a tri-colour map.
Added several colour features that limit tint changes.
For example, instead of getting a full black while darkening we get a brighter black, which is technically grey.
- This is especially useful with hard-light blending.
- For example, instead of getting a full black while darkening we get a brighter black, which is technically grey.
- Changed weapons viewport positions.
So what is planned next week is quite simple. I want to dive right into enemies. It's been neglected far enough and I think it's time to fix that.
Everything else comes second. It's that straight forward.
So that's about it!