Lessons I learned from The Phantom Menace
- If your method of transportation has lost power, no matter how badly damaged it is, you can get it working again by twisting two wires together or pressing a sequence of buttons.
- If you borrow the theme, pacing, and camera angles from the "light-cycle" sequence in Tron, you can create an money-making franchise from a throwaway part of your movie's plot.
- Computer generated puppets that talk funny are no more impressive than hand-puppets that talk funny.
- You won't frighten people too much if your evil empire's armed flagships look like giant toilet seats.
- George Lucas had more talent when he was broke.