I'd meant to go ahead and upload the fixed-up Accidental Engine with the new transitions and tiling scheme over the Thanksgiving holiday. Didn't happen. I'd meant to do it this weekend; again, didn't happen. Instead, I started fooling with it. Long story short, I've ported over Golem the Original's lighting system, with static and dynamic lights and a choice between day/night cycles or fixed lighting (for dungeons). No line-of-sight for walls to block light is implemented; I may do so and I may not. I've never been 100% happy with any of the LOS schemes for tile-based games I have come up with in the past, and it's never really added all that much to games for me in the first place.
I also have a drop-down script console about 50% coded. The console will make it easier to change or reload the map; no more editing of the startup.lua file and re-running the app. It'll also make it easier to tinker with things at runtime, though of course the standard sequence rules for generating a map will still apply. But, of course, it's going to take a little time to get it running right. By rights I should freeze things right now while they still compile and run, and upload some builds and source, but I am feeling incredibly lazy right now so I probably won't. Business as usual. It's a good thing I'm not running on a deadline for anything, or I'd probably get fired.
Now, if I could only remember where I set down my sandwich, things would be just peachy. Adios.