ugh, I got so sick of trying to make my paddle react correctly to plane collisions. I decided to play around with another program I wrote a while back. It was actually my first real functional Windows program. To be a little more specific, my first one with buttons and dialog and widgets. Anyways, its called WinBinDiff2 and it does a byte compare on two equal sized files. Outputs the hex address of any mis-matched bytes, and also the data that is different. Well, I was ready to zip it up and let you people have it, but I found a bug that I am only able to reproduct in release builds. If the length of the filename A "fna" is longer than the length of filename B "fnb", it fails to open the files. Really really not sure about this, I cannot get it to do it in debug. And I even added some code to display the filenames that were passed. But that only caused a problem in printf. So I am going to rebuild the file interaction methods, or I should really say: good-bye _open()/_close(), hello fstream! Why the heck not, it needs .NET to run the Forms, I better just get into the habit of using the streams anyway. Plus my Log class for my game uses them, so it wont really be too hard to impliment.
I changed a line from "++ptr;" to "ptr++;" and that was the result in the file :) Neat-o 23 different operations.
Here is what the full output looks like, Ill use sourcetags to keep the length down:
Using 64 KB sets
2 sets with 28 KB remaining
34 ms to scan.
Found 23 diffs
edit: corrected the u_int to ptr, because thats the real truth