Holy freakin' cow.
The Golem3D engine runs like a gol-durned bullet train. I get about 260 FPS on the Windows machine (6600), and on this one I now get about 640FPS with the same scene. Damn.
I usually don't spend that much money on graphics cards (exhibit A: until I put the bad 5700 in here, I had a GF2...), since I don't really play very many games any more, but I figured I might as well step up a notch or two, since I'm wanting to do some playing around with shaders and I don't want to have to buy another new card in just a few months.
Glitch is gone, and the engine runs flawlessly. Time to do some cleanup on the map engine and start in on the 'guts' of the game.
EDIT: Oh, yeah. That thing is a monster, too. It barely fit, what with my memory being all up in the way and whatnot. Damned thing takes up half the case. Sheesh.