Well this weekend turned out to be a bust. The spouse decided to work every morning on the days I had off, so I had to go to bed early to get the kids ready for school the next day. Absolutely nothing got accomplished for the game. I was pretty disappointed, but it hasnt been a total loss. The time away gave me a chance to look over the combat logic with fresh eyes and I noticed a few things that I left out.
Hopefully this week will prove to be more productive.
I implemented all of the enemy variables that were needed into my list. Going over it, I realized I hadnt added any armor variables, but those can always come later. I will take another shot at the Game Maker file tonight and see if I can get all the variables to mesh.