Well, I spent entirely too much time working on purely aesthetic improvements for dodecahellspawn today. Tweaking textures, etc. On the down side, practically no progress has been made on gameplay. On the plus side, it's starting to look pretty much how I want it to, and some of the changes I've made for aesthetic reasons should be able to be leveraged into the game play code.
There are a couple of visual defects that have to do with the way I've faked the lighting effects. I'll probably take care of those next.
And yes, this means that I didn't get around to adding the configuration file code yet. It goes on the list too.