I've started some serious work on the Linux/X port of the OGLWFW, I've managed to get device mode detection, OpenGL mode detection and a huge track of the windowing code done in the last 3 or so hours, but sweet lord some of that stuff is annoying to work with.
To make matters worse, it creates OpenGL windows backwards, so you make all the context and visuals and stuff first then the window and kinda glue 'em together, but I think I've managed to hack around that.
I'm infact coding it all up on windows as I cant find a Linux IDE I can get on with for more than 2mins without me wanting to kill it or it locking up due to some instabilty. Once its all written I'll compile and debug it but until then I'll work blind, its infact less work [smile]
On the upside, it appears my inital design is infact flexible enough to deal with the differences with only minor issues (such as having to open the X display in the Display manager and set it via a wininfo struct for each window) and even the X event model can be handled by it, which was my biggest worry.
I'm knocking it on the head for tonight, 3h of NIN and fighting with X is plenty for me [wink]
With any luck I should be able to get it sorted next weekend for the first tests [smile]