But what I did accomplish this weekend:
I got the server to do non-blocking character input while running so I could shut it down properly.
I fixed a few bugs in the MySQL wrapper I wrote.
I coded in all the communication code up to actually entering the game, and debugged it.
I created all the menu screens and dialog boxes from the main menu to the "choose your character" screen in Torque2d, which is all filled dynamically by the server.
I can log into the server and create a new character from Torque2d.
I'm having a wierd issue with the parsing of a particular message on the t2d side that I need to figure out before I can get to the actual game screen. I'll debug it tommorow after work and figure out whats wrong.
So even though I didn't reach my goal, I still feel like I accomplised a lot.
Plus I played some Nanodude, which is a really cool game by stro.