I finally got the sound implemented into my project. After 4 hours, I have a midi file looping. Using the API to play midi files in .NET is a lot harder than in C++. I really don't know what Microsoft was thinking there. I wound up using the mciSendCommandA API calls to play the MIDI file. The next game is going to be done in DirectX, and from what I understand so far, graphics and sound aren't as hard to deal with (relatively speaking).
I was suprised to see people reading and commenting on my journal. Since people are looking at it, I decided to throw in some screenshots (several comments for that). This is pretty much the polished GUI. The only thing left is the help files. I can't wait to zip it all up and put it up here for people to try out.
High Score Window