There are some things to update you on. My project is no longer named 'JavaTactics' but rather 'Battle: The Fight for Eternity'. This is changed for a number of different reasons.
1) According to Suns's Java trademark/copyright I can not use 'Java' in the name of my program
2) I needed to start thinking out the plot to the game before I went any further.
3) 'Tactics' sounded too blatantly like 'final fantasy tactics' or 'tactics ogre' (mind this is a clone...) But it needed a new name.
Along with the rename goes an entire rewrite of the code base. Yes the entire thing. My programming ability has drastically been improoved since I started this project, and I can now organize my program better to improve performance and programibility (is that a word?)
I'm currently working on getting my game design document done (for plot wise stuff) and should be complete within the month, and the actual code base looks like this:
I've got Input, Tile-Rendering, Tile-Shading, Camera-movement, better line wrapping, and half done objects to do with entity management, window decoration, and entity animation.
I know that lots of people were looking for a faster release of this game and I am truly sorry for this, but I believe that in the end this will make it a better program for both me and you.
Anyway, here is a current screenshot:
I have decided to not use the default UI frame for the window, instead I will create my own title bar later down the road....