I've managed to get UVAtlas'ing working from the command line tool, but that's not quite good enough for what I want.
I need to get D3DXUVAtlasCreate() to work in my program so that I can feed the results into a VS/PS pair and feed it out to a render target. I've got some big ideas for what the PS can output to the texture map [wink]
Anyway - it's mostly outputting gibberish, or completely unexpected results. I'm pretty sure it's a case of my not using the results correctly - even though I've based my code on the UVAtlas demo in the SDK [oh]
If I get time tonight/tomorrow then I'll post it here [grin]