This is what would happen. I tell it to moveGoal(180,70,1000) which tells it to go to 180,70 in one second. In theory it works perfectly, but what happens is that the further the distance the more error there is. Scrolling only 400 pixels will produce a 0 to 50 pixel error. When I added a line that counted the number of ms in each updates it is different from what it should be.
It is getting very frustrating so I have decided to stop for tonight since I've been working on it for 3.5 hours :\ Maybe I'll figure it out by tomorrow morning.
The only thing that I can think of is that it is taking too long to render the screen, and causing problems with the update function, if this is the case there are going to be many more problems that arise from it. Luckly these problems won't occur on windows because you guys will actually get hardware acceleration...