I got the file transfer working properly now, and sent a bunch of images and mp3s across the network to my other computer. Victoly!
Now just to polish it up so disconnects are handled cleaner and I can probably get away with using it.
Also, I pulled most of the engine parts of Freezer 2 out and started making them into an API so I can at least re-use the code for my next game. So far, I made a little demo with rotating and scaling sprites with mouse and keyboard input in just under 100 lines. I also abstracted out my Actor class, so you can inherit from it and create a NetworkedActor class (that sends state changes to a server), for example -- as well as actors specific to your game, such as PlayerActor or AIActor. I figure SHilbert can take it from here and build a game using the engine rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. [totally] It has support for the AngelCode bitmap font format, OGG music with ID3v1 tags, and sound effects using SDL_mixer. It's a pretty nice toolkit, I could probably build a full game with it in a weekend.