Well, I did hand in 100 out of 120 marks on time and I negotiated to hand in the other 20 marks the following school day.
The main project took the form of a chess program. I learnt two things in that project: Java is not the language for making AI and such in chess games, especially the type I chose. Determining check mate in a chess game really put a lot of strain on the processor if you're not using any form of AI. This entire thing counted 70 out of 120 marks.
There also had to be a System Development Document, Technical Document and a User Document. All in all, I had about a 150 pages of documentation. This was thanks to the Code Listing being about 60 pages as well as the Javadoc being about 40 pages. In fact, we had to get a new printer to handle this.
The group project was a Java Performance Benchmark tester package. My package was the physical program itself. The program basically calculated and drew a simple Mandelbrot fractal to the screen, similar to the one further down, and recorded some information about your machine into a database.
My research project was basically an essay on encryption methods and such. Kinda technical for school level and yet very simplistic.
I've had plenty of other non-computer related projects to get through as well. Good thing is all of my hard work throughout the year has paid off. I came first in the class for Computer Studies Higher Grade. This, however, is not very difficult if your entire CS HG class consists of five people. Most of whom, do not work very hard. I think I got close to about 90% for the year and exams.
Anyway, enough of school. During the past year or so I have worked with a friend on a game (currently) called 'INSERT_YOUR_OWN_NAME_HERE.' It does actually have a name but I am to lazy to find out what actually is called.
I have been doing work for making the game more script and trigger related and things like that. I'd love to upload it now but I don't know if I want to make an installer for it. There is another brilliant problem being that uses WAV files for music and a few AVI files for intros and credits making it over 200MB big. The music is not a problem as I have figured out a way to play MP3s from the Delphi TMediaPlayer component.
Anyway, here are some in-game screenshots.
There are plenty of other screenshots from earlier versions but I don't have those so you'll have to wait for the next instalment of my journal. Also, here is a sample track from the game. NOTE: This track was not made by me.
This game has gone through a lot of transformations and is pretty different from the very first. There is still a couple of bugs to iron out. However, as soon as I have gotten it 'suitable' for a live internet audience I will put on the Gamedev.net Showcase. Gotta love being a GDNet+ Subscriber.
Also, I have decided to discontinue my RTS project due to it being a bit out of my league. I am confident about it in code, but I am not confident about it in the art department. I would rather work without an artist and build up the art skills first. When I have done that I will be, hopefully, continuing it again.
When the Delphi version is done I will make a C++ clone of my friend's game. The art may be (not-so-bad) programmer art but at least it's done and I don't have to worry about it. I will probably improve a few of the things. I will probably make it using DX9. Hopefully, this will decrease the flicker that is sometimes evident on the Delphi version.
Also, my final exams are right around the corner. Next week I write English and I've already written my Computer Studies Practical Exam(if you can even call it an exam, way too easy).
Anyway, bye for now. PS: Comments, suggestions.