- You can now collect fishies! My game is now valid for the theme of the competition!
- Added "seedweed" as an obstacle
- Added sound and music support through FMOD
- Wrote two pieces of music. There's rather average at the moment, but it does add something to the game
What I still have to do today:
- Add in the "fiendlyfish" as an enemy (I might have to think of a better name too)
- Put in a start and end to the game, and make all the game states flow smoothly
- Display the score
- Put in a title screen
- Put in a end screen
- (optional)put in a high score
- Help screens (may wait until tomorrow)
It's quite a lot to do, but I do have a fair amount of time today to work on it, so I'm expecting that in my next journal entry I'll be offering the alpha version of the game for download, so I can get some feedback.
However, even in this incomplete state, with no objectives, it is kind of fun steering the sub around the seedweed while the sea shanty music is playing in the background. I also think the funky hand-drawn graphics are cute too.
Screenshot of the game at current state