Anyhoo, I've started work on an MFC based editor for the madlib portion of the game. The neat thing is that the editor can also be used to simply play madlibs, so I can see the system in action before implementing it into the game, and it should just port straight across into my main project with about 10 minutes work.
There is another reason for this move too. I've spotted a ~GBP30,000 a year job that involves MFC, Win32 and STL. Now, I think I may be shooting way above my league, but I can actually say that I am definitely experienced with all the requirement for the job... so I've put in my application and we'll just see if it impresses or not! The reason for the project of course is that it fits in with my current portfolio project, but will also serve as a prime example of my skills in the aforementioned areas... perfect timing!
Anyways, I'll post a link to the MFC project when it's done :)