Got a lot of things done today:
- Attempted to fix the scale issues mentioned by scet in the last entry.
- Implemented a health system so neither the player nor the enemies die with just one hit.
- Added a temporary(and ugly) life bar to show the player's health. I'm planning to add a much better looking lifebar soon.
- Moved the level and enemy data from being hard-coded into external files.
- Implemented a new enemy called the BombBot, which is a walking bomb that explodes and causes damage (the left on the screenshot).
I'm planning on implementing two new enemies. One is the two headed robot idea suggested by mikedoty. A giant two headed robot will probably be the boss of the first level. The second is the window robot suggested by ukdm. This robot will shoot at stompy from the windows. This will give me the oppertunity to write a new type of enemy, turrents. Thanks goes out to them for suggesting some really nice enemy ideas. I'm not a very creative guy, so any help is always welcome.