The interface subsystem has been drafted. I have many of the basic components set up, including labels, panels, borders, textfields, buttons and chatboxs. There are more components that need to be added down the road (such as a scroll widget, sliders, progress bars, textured panels, etc), but most of the work is already done for these, as I tried to make my interface subsystem easily extendable.
The gui wasn't the only thing I have been working on since my last post. I encountered a few performance issues that I wanted to resolve before I finished the interface.
Aside from my memory leak error that I had a hard time tracking down, and my mipmap mishap, I had to rewrite my font manager.
Initially I was using bitmaped fonts, as I was under the impression that these were faster than your standard texturemapped fonts (I misread something in the www.opengl.org faq). I was horribly mistaken. It took me a bit to find out that this was where I was taking a performance hit, but once I found out that texture mapped fonts were the way to go, I was on my way.
Next on my list is adding texture splatting to my terrain.