As you can see I've got the main title screen up and running. I've also laid the ground work for the game's states. Things are a lot more cleaner this time around than in the original game, and I am pretty happy of how smooth things are going. I have also added a fade-to-white fader instead of my old fade-to-black fader. The artist and I thought it might fit the game's color scheme better, and I am really liking its overall effect and a trasition mechanic.
Certain things are a little rocky though, as I am using both textured quads and sprites. Occlusion has become an issue at times. But we press on. My only regret right now is not spending the amount of time that I should. Especially since I've been having thoughts of starting a new side project.