By Greg Hoglund, Gary McGraw
Published July 2007 List Price:$54.99, Your Amazon.com Price: $30.35
Amazon.com Sales Rank:1,301,453 Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
If you are a gamer, a game developer, a software security professional, or an interested bystander, this book exposes the inner workings of online-game security for all to see.
From the authors of the best-selling Exploiting Software, Exploiting Online Games takes a frank look at controversial security issues surrounding MMORPGs, such as World of Warcraft and Second Life. This no-holds-barred book comes fully loaded with code examples, debuggers, bots, and hacks.
This book covers
* Why online games are a harbinger of software security issues to come
* How millions of gamers have created billion-dollar virtual economies
* How game companies invade personal privacy
* Why some gamers cheat
* Techniques for breaking online game security
* How to build a bot to play a game for you
* Methods for total conversion and advanced mods
Written by the world's foremost software security experts, this book takes a close look at security problems associated with advanced, massively distributed software. With hundreds of thousands of interacting users, today's online games are a bellwether of modern software. The kinds of attack and defense techniques described in Exploiting Online Games are tomorrow's security techniques on display today.