That's it!! I can't take it anymore and I need some answers!!

Started by
14 comments, last by capn_midnight 18 years, 1 month ago
Sneftel, what the hell is up with your icon?! I know it's the Towers of Hanoi, but it seems to be totally random whenever I see it. I'd like to say that every time it's viewed it gets iterated, but if I open it up and repeatedly refresh it it stays the same. Where's the beef??
Advertisement
[grin] A cookie to you for being the first one to ask.

It doesn't update every viewing (it can't, since it isn't running on the GDN servers). It updates every 60 seconds. At that rate, it'll take just under a year to complete. [Thankfully, that completion will not trigger the end of the world.] It is currently on iteration 196523.

EDIT: Oh, and the beef is hidden somewhere in your car. Don't worry, in less than a week it will become quite easy to find. Three days, if you're parked in the sun.
hehe. brilliant :-) I had seen it change from time to time, but thought he was updating it manually. Might be a good competition topic. Who can make the whackiest auto-updating icon bitmap (must include code).
Wow, neat. I hadn't noticed a thing until reading this thread.
Wow, that's cool. I guess I'll keep this page up for... one year. But really, that's a good use of your icon space [grin]. I just advertise for GameDev in mine...

How many more moves (approximately) are there, anyways?
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Well, there are a total of 19 disks, so it'll take 219-1 moves total. Not sure how many are left right now.
Haha, what an awesome, yet completely pointless idea...
--m_nPostCount++
I knew you were updating the Towers, but every 60 seconds? I was wondering why every time I check the "Active Users" you are always updating your avatar...
Wow, and to think I never really noticed. I always thought it was some sort of strange bar graph...
Wow, hats off, that's nice, and I hand't noticed.

Now I refreshed the picture a few times, and I saw it changing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement