Cryptex of Time - Finishing up

Started by
10 comments, last by jbadams 16 years, 9 months ago
Team name: SOLO development Project name: Cryptex Of Time Brief description: This game I've been working on for half a year is now in the state of being finished. I've mainly created everything myself but as I have a publisher waiting for the finished product I need to get some help to finish the last assets for the game. Target aim: The game is a puzzle game fitting into the casual game genre and will be published mainly over online portals. Compensation: Over the whole process there has been no budget for this game at all as it is my first commercial title but work will be paid due to agreement. Talent needed: 2D-artist: Help creating environment and background art. Detailed list will be sent to artist. Audiodesigner: 3 more musicthemes in a calm ambient and themecorrect style is needed. Also additional soundeffects needs to be done. Team structure: I have been working with all design, code, music, sfx, art (but a few 2D-images) and all directives will come from me. Website: SOLO development Contacts: andreas.jirenius@solodev.eu Previous Work by Team: SOLO development Additional Info: Game is supposed to be finished this summer so I need the artists to be efficient and trustworthy in their undertakings. Feedback: Questions regarding work or payment can be mailed directly to me to be as efficuent as possible. All other kind of feedback are welcome.
Advertisement
By far, one of the nicest people I've met on gamedev. Andreas is not only dedicated, but multi talented. Anyone who wants a game that will be completed for _SURE_ on their portfolio, I highly suggest joining this developer. You won't regret ;)

-Karan
Thanks Karan for your kind words. Same goes to you, hope your project goes well. I'm curious to see the progress :)

I would like to add that Musicposition has been filled but still there might be a position open for Sound effects.
Want a retailgame on your resume? Just mail me and we'll talk.
AJirenius- I could provide you with SFX for your game. If you give me a list of what you need, I can have that list completed in the next few days.

I have industry experience on over 75 projects for anime, video game (both Nintendo DS and PC titles) and production companies. My website has 18 listening and 7 video samples of my work.

My website is: www.madsenstudios.com

I'll be happy to help you out. If you're interested, let's talk and figure out the terms.

Thanks!

Nathan

[Edited by - nsmadsen on July 19, 2007 5:36:52 PM]

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Just chiming in to say that this looks like an excellent project and that AJirenius has never been anything but polite and professional whilst using our forums and always shows a lot of dedication to his projects. If you feel you could help out I'm sure this would be a great project to be involved in, as well as an excellent portfolio piece for those of you who would like to be able to say you've worked on a completed project.

Best of luck! [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Thanks Kazgoroth

Sadly I find this thread to be exactly as the rest of my threads in here. Somehow projects that really DO have a chance to be completed and sold retail just don't get help. Sometimes (most of the time) I just don't think people really want to get into the industry at all, they just seems to want to dream about it. I guess that's why all the MMORPGFPSRTS in here attracts lots and lots of people but games like this just don't.

I must be honest to say that I haven't recieved one single reply for the positions except for Mr Madsen above.
No artist at all.

Even more sad was that the same was with Archon2160 I made back a while ago.
Same was with the Ultimate Snowdown.

Still even IF I had recieved one single response on this it wouldn't probably be enough to pick out a suitable artist.

I've actually lost hope getting some help in here and won't bother anymore. I will try to find help in other communities that seems more interested in getting into the industry with these types of games.
Thanks for all support in here guys, even though all stickys in the world just couldn't make it :)

regards

Andreas Jirenius
Hello,

This may be an alright place to get programmers, but as far as artists and such go, deviant art is a much better choice. There are alot of .. I hate to say it but.. kids that browse these forums. These kids have a lot of big dreams, and don't quite understand the impact of the casual game industry. All they want to do is create the next big AAA game that will impress their friends, or in their mind make them a millionaire. The ones with the skills to help, and understand business, are the multi-capable types such as yourself, that are able to complete the majority of the project by themselves.

That being said, I have found a few tricks. Offer a few bucks and a few talented kids will jump right on it. I have gotten a few Sprite Sheets and such done for a meager bill or two. If your expected income of the game is $30k plus, the $200 or so wont hurt a bit. Some talented college or highschool level kids out there that will ditch their current projects in lue of a few bucks. And dangling a carrot will give you more control anyways.

Just my 2c
Richard P. Cesar
What a pitty to hear that the project doesn't (or didn't) get the attention it deserves. As far as I can judge it looks very nice, balanced and well thought about. Think this sort of projects are the best to get involved in.
I do really hope you get this going and that the people who have a more realistic view will join up.

When in need of music on future projects you can always contact me. I personally would love to work on such projects where people are highly motivated and in the same way realistic in what is achievable.

All the good luck. You fully deserve it!

Composer and Sound Designer

http://www.jaapvisser.com

I agree with many of the feelings expressed in this thread. AJirenius, as I've already mentioned, I'm more than interested in working with you on this and future projects.

I've stated this before and will state it again: many of these posts simply have no idea what is really takes to make a video game from start to finish. The amount of time, resources and money involved is greater than a majority of these teams can afford. Of course, I'm referring to commercial games only.

I've just finished up my second Nintendo DS title (can't release the title yet) and its been a long process. My first Nintendo DS title is just about to be published and has been a project in the works for over a year and a half. But I digress... this project looks great. I'm excited to be working on it!

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Well i sent an mail to you yesterday with an application for the artist position around 1:15pm gmt +1 ill resend it to you if it dident reach you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement