• Create Account

DirectX and XNA

4: Adsense
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Member Activity
Developer Journal - 1 day, 13 hours ago
New Game - By Aardvajk
Just a very quick entry today since I haven't posted for a while, to introduce my new game. Not that we have much to show yet. My vision for this project is as follows:"What do we get if we cross S...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 37 minutes ago
I am overburdened, monsters and mods. - By Spidi
Hi there! Small update this time. Been working on wrapping up all the remaining core features, but got a bit sidetracked so I'm going to write a little about level editing too besides monsters...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Back to the Jungle - By lawnjelly
I decided to get back to work on my (extremely long running development, "duke nukem forever" style :lol: ) jungle game, after 7 months gap. As is always the nature of returning to something afte...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Creating assets for a nature scene - a 6 part Blender YouTube tutorial - By Norman Barrows
Creating assets for a nature scene - a 6 part Blender YouTube tutorial  Found this on YouTube - very informative. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8LkOMU8OMg
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Added My Third Hobby Game - By Goliath Forge
So, I sat down to see what this MonoGame thing was all about.I used to mess with XNA back around version 2.Well, I have to say...I liked it. Easy to get up and running. Joust was one of my fav...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 22 hours ago
I am overburdened, prototyping. - By Spidi
Hello everyone! I worked on a lot of stuff since my last post:Thought a lot about the content/format of my blog and my freshly started video series, and made some decisions about their future....
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
thoughts on fix-your-timestep and the spiral of death - By Norman Barrows
thoughts on fix-your-timestep and the spiral of death: in the fix-your timestep algo its generally assumed that on average ET will be < DT. with no ET cap, when accumulator >= 2...
Increasing ET accuracy in fix-your-timestep - By Norman Barrows
Increasing ET accuracy in fix-your-timestep The typical implementation of fix-your-timestep looks something like this:while ! quitgame { start_timer render ET = elapsed_time p...
Using perlin noise to generate scenery - By Ed Welch
All scene's in MercTactics are generated randomly.Previously, I've just "sprinkled" stuff into a scene randomly, but this doesn't look very good. Stuff tends to be clumped together in the natural w...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Photrealism - By Norman Barrows
An excellent video on techniques used to achieve photorealism in computer graphics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1-Ef54uTeU
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
I reinvented JSON :) - By Aardvajk
As always happens when I'm starting a new game, I've started a new level editor. This one, however, is based on my Gx and QGx frameworks and so I'm hoping to keep it generic enough that it might...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
New Project Update 2 - By dpadam450
Nothing interesting really to talk about, just been working towards getting a simple gameplay demo. I've been trying to keep my 2 concept artists busy. I have a sculpting artist and a hardsurface a...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Gx::Camera wafflings - By Aardvajk
Time for the next gripping installment of the development of my Gx game framework library. The latest addition I'll waffle about today is the Gx::Camera class from GxMaths . The requirement...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Building a bridge (to Qt) - By Aardvajk
Having made a good start on Gx and having set up a game project that links to the Gx headers and lib (in-place in the Gx project for ease of update), I realised that a new game will need a new l...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
I am overburdened, begins. - By Spidi
Hi there! This entry is the first one for the new game I'm working on called "I am overburdened" and the first one when I publish a video log entry too! I decided to try this format due to the...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
Framework Fun - By Aardvajk
About time I posted an update here. Been a while. I have kind of lost a bit of heart in Om, my scripting language, since I realised that circular references lead to memory leaks unless I imple...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
EnvelopVR goes out of business! - By slayemin
Last month I said: The big news of the week in the VR industry is that EnvelopVR has shutdown. I was 95% certain this would happen to them and they were the first local company that came to mi...
Magic Item Tech, persistent. - By Spidi
Hello everyone! Even though a lot of indie game developers put together a "year in review" posts by the end of December, I haven't written in a while. Sorry for that, but the last few months o...
3D Paint PBR release - finally! :) - By lawnjelly
Some of you may have been following the development of my little 3d texturing program, which I began in June last year and have been working on in my spare time. 3 months ago I had a diffuse painti...
Om Module system - By Aardvajk
Thought I'd try blogging about this before I started implementing anything to try to get it straight in my head. I've decided to change how the Om module system works a little, based on playing aro...
Om - postponing the worry - By Aardvajk
I've decided to just postpone worrying about cycles and memory leaks in Om for the time being. I may have to address this in the future, but for now I've discovered that there are actually so many...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Mission Control - Om has a problem. - By Aardvajk
I realised today why JavaScript doesn't have deterministic destruction. Thought I was so smart basing Om around it. Cycles. If one object A references an object B and B references A, Om w...
New Project and Status Update - By dpadam450
Its a new year, so time to buckle down hard. I was never big into maintaining a journal on here but I started a journal last July about my RTS game ICBM . At the same time I was lightly managing a...
The Om Programming Language :) - By Aardvajk
The Om Programming Language :) Rather a long journal entry today. I hope that someone sticks with it as I'm really getting quite excited about how my scripting langauge is starting to develop now....
"instancing" with DX9 - By Norman Barrows
The new PC has arrived (i7-6700K, GTX1080), and I'm starting on the final graphics for the game. Better grass plants were one of the first things. The placeholder graphics were ultra-low-poly,...