Game Industry Job Advice

FYI: GameDev.net Has Moved to HTTPS
  Posted by , 02 Jan 2017
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Member Activity
Developer Journal - 4 hours, 46 minutes ago
Framework Fun - By Aardvajk
About time I posted an update here. Been a while. I have kind of lost a bit of heart in Om, my scripting language, since I realised that circular references lead to memory leaks unless I imple...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 3 hours ago
EnvelopVR goes out of business! - By slayemin
Last month I said: The big news of the week in the VR industry is that EnvelopVR has shutdown. I was 95% certain this would happen to them and they were the first local company that came to mi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
3D Paint PBR release - finally! :) - By lawnjelly
Some of you may have been following the development of my little 3d texturing program, which I began in June last year and have been working on in my spare time. 3 months ago I had a diffuse painti...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Om Module system - By Aardvajk
Thought I'd try blogging about this before I started implementing anything to try to get it straight in my head. I've decided to change how the Om module system works a little, based on playing aro...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Om - postponing the worry - By Aardvajk
I've decided to just postpone worrying about cycles and memory leaks in Om for the time being. I may have to address this in the future, but for now I've discovered that there are actually so many...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 hours ago
Mission Control - Om has a problem. - By Aardvajk
I realised today why JavaScript doesn't have deterministic destruction. Thought I was so smart basing Om around it. Cycles. If one object A references an object B and B references A, Om w...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 20 hours ago
New Project and Status Update - By dpadam450
Its a new year, so time to buckle down hard. I was never big into maintaining a journal on here but I started a journal last July about my RTS game ICBM . At the same time I was lightly managing a...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
The Om Programming Language :) - By Aardvajk
The Om Programming Language :) Rather a long journal entry today. I hope that someone sticks with it as I'm really getting quite excited about how my scripting langauge is starting to develop now....
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
All Over The Place, Nailing Things Down, Finding My Way (Movement and Pathfinding) - By Fidelum Games
All Over The Place  In my last post I discussed an Action/RPG/Platformer/Diabloesque/JRPG game that I had started working on, and showed a short prototype video. As if the genre of this game...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
"instancing" with DX9 - By Norman Barrows
The new PC has arrived (i7-6700K, GTX1080), and I'm starting on the final graphics for the game. Better grass plants were one of the first things. The placeholder graphics were ultra-low-poly,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Spellbound: December Update - By slayemin
Game Status: Where is the game at today? I have nearly finished working on a major update. Customers are starting to ask about it. I'm a bit nervous about releasing it because I'm worried that peop...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Om script - template special :) - By Aardvajk
Following on from my last entry where i "discovered" you could use templates to provide a common interface to two unrelated classes, I've now implemented this technique in Om, my scripting compiler...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Gamedev toolkit and Level Editors - By imoogiBG
Finally I've got a big chunk of time to program my personal projects.The last several months I was spending my mental state at work( we finally released Phoenix FD 3.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
C++17 and Memory Mapped IO - By phantom
Repeated from http://imadiversion.co.uk/2016/12/08/c-17-and-memory-mapped-io/ In some ways this is a Part One of this subject, largely because my IO subsystem isn't in any way finished and I have...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 15 hours ago
Compile time "polymorphism" - By Aardvajk
So here is something I just discovered I can do in C++ that I didn't know about. template<class T> class wrapper{public: wrapper(const T &t){ } int length() const { return -1; }}...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Om scripting revisited - By Aardvajk
Howdy. Been quiet for a while but have been getting back into my scripting language compiler/virtual machine. No particular reason, just has grabbed my attention for the last few weeks. T...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
The mighty journal of bogosaur. - By bogosaur5000
This is a great moment for our planet. A legendary journal is born. :o But the problem is I'm the only one who thinks it's legendary. <_< Nobody will probably read it. But I'm okay with its...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
C++ 17 Transformation... - By phantom
I'm basically really bad at working on my own projects, but with the recent release of Visual Studio 2017 RC and its improved C++17 support I figured it was time to crack on again... To that e...
Action/Adventure/JRPG/Platformer/Diabloesque RPG Prototype - By Fidelum Games
So I've yet to do a proper post-mortem for Pixel Zombie Shooter. I will do one soon, but for now I'm very excited about the other project I've started working on, and I wanted to share it with ever...
Spellbound: November Update - By slayemin
The month of November has been another hard month to get through. December will be harder and I can't afford presents this year. I have been making mediocre progress on integrating Oculus Rift...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
It's Done! - By Fidelum Games
It's Done! Finally.  It's true! The game is complete! After a couple of (painful) weeks of waiting to hear back from sponsors, I'm sorry to say that I have (so far) been unsuccessful in sec...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Normal Mapping - By lawnjelly
Just a quick one to show that I am working hard on a big update to 3D Paint. Although for myself I only currently needed diffuse painting and rendering, it become clear to me it would be more usefu...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Bow and Arrow beginnings [updated] - By Aardvajk
I've been working a little bit on the view mode with the bow this week. Not spent a lot of time on it but Saturday morning seems to be a good time to update my journal since I have an hour to work...
Spellbound: October Update - By slayemin
Yesterday I received my first payment from Valve for sales in the first month: $4,354.89 I debated whether or not to post the actual amount I received. Normally, I'd not want to share this (an...
Platform - By Arthur Lotuz
1 - So I need a little guy walking around  http://i.imgur.com/597LTrL.gif  2 - What about giving him some shape? http://i.imgur.com/u1bNxoA.gif  3 - Maybe making the world around hi...