FYI: GameDev.net Has Moved to HTTPS
  Posted by , 02 Jan 2017
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:
Latest Member Activity
Developer Journal - 3 days, 16 hours ago
EnvelopVR goes out of business! - By slayemin
Last month I said: The big news of the week in the VR industry is that EnvelopVR has shutdown. I was 95% certain this would happen to them and they were the first local company that came to mi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 21 hours ago
Om Module system - By Aardvajk
Thought I'd try blogging about this before I started implementing anything to try to get it straight in my head. I've decided to change how the Om module system works a little, based on playing aro...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Om - postponing the worry - By Aardvajk
I've decided to just postpone worrying about cycles and memory leaks in Om for the time being. I may have to address this in the future, but for now I've discovered that there are actually so many...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Mission Control - Om has a problem. - By Aardvajk
I realised today why JavaScript doesn't have deterministic destruction. Thought I was so smart basing Om around it. Cycles. If one object A references an object B and B references A, Om w...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
The Om Programming Language :) - By Aardvajk
The Om Programming Language :) Rather a long journal entry today. I hope that someone sticks with it as I'm really getting quite excited about how my scripting langauge is starting to develop now....
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
"instancing" with DX9 - By Norman Barrows
The new PC has arrived (i7-6700K, GTX1080), and I'm starting on the final graphics for the game. Better grass plants were one of the first things. The placeholder graphics were ultra-low-poly,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Spellbound: December Update - By slayemin
Game Status: Where is the game at today? I have nearly finished working on a major update. Customers are starting to ask about it. I'm a bit nervous about releasing it because I'm worried that peop...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Om script - template special :) - By Aardvajk
Following on from my last entry where i "discovered" you could use templates to provide a common interface to two unrelated classes, I've now implemented this technique in Om, my scripting compiler...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 5 hours ago
Compile time "polymorphism" - By Aardvajk
So here is something I just discovered I can do in C++ that I didn't know about. template<class T> class wrapper{public: wrapper(const T &t){ } int length() const { return -1; }}...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 hours ago
Om scripting revisited - By Aardvajk
Howdy. Been quiet for a while but have been getting back into my scripting language compiler/virtual machine. No particular reason, just has grabbed my attention for the last few weeks. T...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Spellbound: November Update - By slayemin
The month of November has been another hard month to get through. December will be harder and I can't afford presents this year. I have been making mediocre progress on integrating Oculus Rift...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
XPO Retrospective - By lougv22
Long time reader, first time journal poster here. This is regarding a game convention called XPO, where I showcased publicly for the first time an indie game I've been working on for the past three...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Bow and Arrow beginnings [updated] - By Aardvajk
I've been working a little bit on the view mode with the bow this week. Not spent a lot of time on it but Saturday morning seems to be a good time to update my journal since I have an hour to work...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Spellbound: October Update - By slayemin
Yesterday I received my first payment from Valve for sales in the first month: $4,354.89 I debated whether or not to post the actual amount I received. Normally, I'd not want to share this (an...
Self organizing masks local hash - By polyfrag
The brute force approach seems to be too expensive. I've devised a self organizing method.  Let's say we have four levels of masks 0000000000000000 And for the input 0110 it gives fi...
View Mode implementation and wittering - By Aardvajk
Now I have a chase camera working that can be assigned to move to different targets, I've been working on a "view mode" for the player. Holding down the right-mouse button moves the camera to a sho...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Bluetooth web - By polyfrag
Also have some ideas and work for a Bluetooth app called Spice. Must keep it secret right now so nobody steals it I think. But really not enough time to go into details.
Local hash - By polyfrag
Nothing to say today. Just did some sketches of connected segments arrangements for the neural hashes.
local hash - By polyfrag
Hey whats up guys. Im in limbo again and have little current so im sharing my thoughts here. Currently working on thr local hash i described earlier in my posts and making it self organizing. One t...
Rag Doll is back - By Aardvajk
Just a quick post to say I've re-integrated my rag doll system back into the current iteration of the game. This is based on making a set of Bullet shapes from the current skeleton configuration on...
Precursor's Dawn - Greenlit! - By Navyman
Precursor's Dawn - Greenlit! On the morning of Oct 18th, I received the email from Steam informing me that Precursor's Dawn had been Greenlit. Having spend all of the night and some of the morning...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 days ago
Mumbling about the Camera system - By Aardvajk
In preparation for being able to do some stuff with the bow aiming, I've ripped out and rewritten the Camera system for the game. I've split what was one system into two classes now, ViewTransform...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
All Kitted Up - By Aardvajk
 Decided to take a break from player/world interactions and look at something I've never tried before, namely attaching objects like weapons to the player skeleton. http://youtu.be/QkvwX...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
The GameDev.net community sucks - By Stormynature
Okay so I lied. In reality it is a great community filled with many amazing people. However now that my odious tactic of a clickbait title has got you in here. Please go to and please vot...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Precursor's Dawn Greenlight Campaign LIVE! - By Navyman
Check out the fast paced SciFi Tactical Combat game, Precursor's Dawn on Greenlight. Even if this is not a game for you the traffic helps. Votes help the most, but we will be very happy for the tra...