• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Production and Management

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 days, 4 hours ago
Beautiful code part 3 - bottom up design - By Norman Barrows
Beautiful code part 3 - bottom up designan example of beautiful code using bottom up design.with this method, you start with the lowest level stuff, then add higher level layers until you have a su...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 5 hours ago
Beautiful code - part 2 - top down design - By Norman Barrows
Beautiful code - part 2 - top down designan example of beautiful code.this was a result of top down design. IE high level routines fist, lowest level routines last.first, the algo was written in co...
Skinned mesh code part 5 - implementation example 2 - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 5 - implementation example 2another implementation example from caveman 3.0:this is the actual code that draws band members and NPCs in the game now. void draw_caveman2(int...
Skinned mesh code part 4 - implementation example - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 4 - implementation exampleAn implementation example from Caveman 3.0: // called by draw_skinmesh_caveman // draws eyeballs attached to the headbone with an offset.// to d...
Skinned mesh code part 3 - mesh and controller memory pools - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 3 - mesh and controller memory pools // ----------------------------------- skinned mesh pool API ------------------------------------------- struct skinned_mesh_master{LP...
Skinned mesh code part 2 - Rockland skinned mesh API - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 2Rockland skinned mesh API // ------------------------ Rockland skinned mesh API -------------------------- // -------------------------------- load skinned mesh ---------...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 6 hours ago
Skinned mesh code part 1 - Low level Microsoft code - By Norman Barrows
skinned mesh code part 1low level Microsoft code from DXUT.h and tiny.cpp. June 2010 DX9.0c SDK. // -------------------------------------------------------------------------------// -------------...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 6 hours ago
L Spiro on scene managers vs state managers - By Norman Barrows
L Spiro on scene managers vs state managersan excellent description of scene and state managers by L Spiro from a recent thread:A scene manager manages a scene in your game. A scene is any spaci...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 7 hours ago
Servant of the Lord on inheritance vs composition - By Norman Barrows
Servant of The Lord on inheritance vs compositiona very lucid explanation of inheritance vs composition by Servant of the Lord, from a recent thread:Classes should favor composition over inher...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 13 hours ago
Fluffy Friday #5: Concepts Art and wallpapers to download! - By VirginRed
Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Concepts Art and wallpapers to download! Hello fox riders and welcome to another installment of our fluffy sweetness. If you missed our monsters last time y...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 11 hours ago
Gameplay update - By Ashaman73
So, the month is almost over and no update up-to-now. There’s not much to show off. For one I was on vacation, on the other hand I play tested a lot and refined/rebalanced the game play.The gamepla...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 18 hours ago
June Update - By slayemin
TL;DR: We've decided to polish up and expand the zombie game we've been working on.We've got a few interesting things we're going to do with it http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/d...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Prologue - By Orymus3
The Week of Awesome? Last year , I took part in the Week of Awesome II, explaining the reasons why I chose to join.As I've effectively just determined that I'll be joining up for the Week of Awesom...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Fluffy Friday #4: Meet the Monsters - By VirginRed
Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Meet the Monsters Hello fox riders and welcome to another installment of our fluffy sweetness. If you missed our burning brambles gifs last time you can che...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Niklas Frykholm's articles on Managing Decoupling - By Norman Barrows
Niklas Frykholm's articles on Managing DecouplingI just stumbled across this excellent series of articles right here on gamedev...http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/game-programming/...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Fun with bones in Unity - By VirginRed
The inception A while back, after slowly becoming mad tweaking animations and movement behavior on our avatar, I decided to have some simple fun with Unity. See where the limit was and what’s pos...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 14 hours ago
Fluffy Friday #3: Burning brambles - By VirginRed
Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Burning brambles. Welcome to another installment of our fluffy sweetness. If you missed our Critters gifs last week you can check them here . Fluffy...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
Moving from SVN to Git Part 1: Git-lfs - By doeme
For over eigth years SVN was the cornerstone of the software engineering department at the company I work and it helped us to develop high quality medical simulation software. However as our produc...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
May Update: Zombie game closer to release - By slayemin
I've been working most of this month to finish up this super simple virtual reality zombie game. I intend to release it commercially on Steam when it's done. The goal is to get customer feedback on...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Fluffy Friday #2: Adding critters. - By VirginRed
Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Adding critters. Welcome to another installment of our fluffy sweetness. If you missed our world uncovering gifs last week you can check them here . Flu...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
What came first, the chicken or the egg: Implementing the loading screen - By braindigitalis
Another week, another feature!This week heralds the addition of a loading screen. Partly due to a thread here on gamedev.net i decided that perhaps now was the time to add one, as shown below.http...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Fluffy Friday #1: Tile appearing - By VirginRed
More on our IndieDB page Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Tile appearing. http://media.indiedb.com/images/members/1/652/651585/profile/header.png Today I present you a new kind of post t...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Environment Simulation - By Ashaman73
It is time for an other developer log, this time in video form. In one of the previous videos I demonstrated the water simulation capabilities in Gnoblins and I have promised to talk about further...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Game Development Career Guide (PDF) - By Tutorial Doctor
Found this awesome resource on all things gamedev:http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~hunicke/pubs/gdmag_career_guide_feature.pdf
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Three, two, one, you're out! Adding the countdown timer, and other bits - By braindigitalis
Over the past month I have busied myself adding lots of tiny bits to the game, some of which are obvious to players and others not.I have added a new menu design, with sound effects and animations;...

PARTNERS