FYI: GameDev.net Has Moved to HTTPS
  Posted by , 02 Jan 2017
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:
Latest Member Activity
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 hour ago
New Project and Status Update - By dpadam450
Its a new year, so time to buckle down hard. I was never big into maintaining a journal on here but I started a journal last July about my RTS game ICBM . At the same time I was lightly managing a...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
GameDev.net Has Moved to HTTPS - By Khawk
GameDev.net has officially moved to HTTPS . In the process we beefed up our security - we now earn a Grade A rating on https://www.ssllabs.com . What does this mean for you? Privacy - ISP's...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
Ash Dawn - Alpha live, website up, name changed - By Wilhelm van Huyssteen
Hi First things first. Since S2 brought out their new moba named "Strife" we decided to change our game's name from "Legends of Strife" to "Ash Dawn". For quite a while we chose to keep the na...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
XPO Retrospective - By lougv22
Long time reader, first time journal poster here. This is regarding a game convention called XPO, where I showcased publicly for the first time an indie game I've been working on for the past three...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
New GameDev.net Skin - By Khawk
You may have noticed things look... different. It all started so innocent. We needed to update a couple things, and we did. But while we were doing that we thought, "oh, why not address this part t...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 day ago
The Beginning - By Samusen
Hello World! But I am not a programmer..   In September I decided that I want to do more with my life which mainly consisted of "waking up right on time > shower and brushing teeth >...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Changes to GDNet+ and More - By Khawk
Changes to GDNet+  A little over 6 years ago we created the GDNet+ Membership Subscription program to provide additional site features, services, and an opportunity for members to show the...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Precursor's Dawn - Greenlit! - By Navyman
Precursor's Dawn - Greenlit! On the morning of Oct 18th, I received the email from Steam informing me that Precursor's Dawn had been Greenlit. Having spend all of the night and some of the morning...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Precursor's Dawn Greenlight Campaign LIVE! - By Navyman
Check out the fast paced SciFi Tactical Combat game, Precursor's Dawn on Greenlight. Even if this is not a game for you the traffic helps. Votes help the most, but we will be very happy for the tra...
Decaffeinated Passion - By Solokeh
Coffee is my fuel. I drink straight espresso, a lot of it, about 12-16 shots a day, if not more. This morning I realised that I had run out of caffeinated beans. Rather than get some from WinCo, I...
GameDev Marketplace October 2016 Sale! - By Khawk
To celebrate the launch of GameDev Marketplace we're offering a 20% off sale for the month of October! Purchase $10 or more and use promo code GDOCT2016 to save 20%! If you aren't familiar wit...
Kickstarter Live - Check Out for some Details! - By Navyman
Precursor’s Dawn is a space strategy game unlike anything before. RPG like elements that help to drive a robust and unique gameplay world. You will travel the vast distances of the universe in se...
Sheep are Dumb, Even When They're Smart - By Solokeh
This new project is extremely relaxing, I quite enjoy watching sheep graze, grow, and multiply. The basics of a herd simulator are rather simple, I'll outline them here:Wander until food is foundNo...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Looking for Feedback - Kickstarter Page Preview - By Navyman
http://precursorsdawn.com/images/Teaser_Frame_small.png GameDev.net's community was an amazing help during my first Kickstarter, therefore I am hoping we have even better results this time around b...
A Discovery Unnoticed - By Solokeh
Holy shoes in a bucket, I've realised something! While working on the planet-side generation, I off-handedly used a bit of trickery to place walls only at the edges of the map, which you can see be...
In the Heat of the Moment, I Lied - By Solokeh
I just needed a day or so to recover, I'm still working on MLR. I've added a little popup when the player mouses over an unequipped weapon. It tells you all of the information about that gun,...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 4 weeks ago
Introducing GameDev Marketplace - By Khawk
GameDev.net is pleased to announce the launch of GameDev Marketplace at https://gamedev.market. We’ve had a Marketplace on GameDev.net for several years, but it has never been ...
The long road to The Teaser Tailer - Precursor's Dawn - By Navyman
A minor note about this entry, it really needed to have been published a few days ago, but in the hope of getting it and the content, “right” I got some extra sleep.Game Development stories are oft...
Accelerated Development - By Solokeh
It is just past four in the morning, and here I am working. Some things have happened, and I can't tell you all for the sake of others' privacy, but I'm down a team member. It's difficult to keep g...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 days ago
Take a Break, Man - By Solokeh
I usually don't take breaks, but after working full time on this game for three weeks, I sorely needed one. Coming back to the game with a fresh view on things was great, and while my momentum was...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 6 days ago
Bosses and Fear - By Solokeh
As I slowly flesh out the basic enemy logic, I realise how much we ascribe meaning to very simple behaviours. For instance, when an enemy's health drops below thirty percent, it will run away. Simp...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 1 week ago
Rooms Upon Rooms (And Clutter!) - By Solokeh
Things I have accomplished/tried to accomplish recently:Fine tuned enemy speed and starter weapon statsCompletely rebuilt the rooms, now they run much more smoothly and fit together nicelyTried to...
Chunk Loading and the Infinity Problem - By Solokeh
Things I accomplished recently:Infinity!The game runs smoother than ice on a hot panMassively reduced active trigger and script countThat's it!  It's infinite, running smooth at thousands of r...
Beginnings - By ccuccherini
Hey guys! I decided to kickoff the start of a new semester with a Developer Journal to track my learning and progress in development and work on my own game. To start things off, I am Christi...
Sweet Sweet Loot - By Solokeh
Things I accomplished today:I have successfully implemented four weapon types, with many, and I mean many, procedurally generated variations.Enemy damage and health now scale up when you get furthe...