Introducing our GameDev Marketplace
  Posted by
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:
Latest Member Activity
Developer Journal - 5 days, 14 hours ago
C++ 17 Transformation... - By phantom
I'm basically really bad at working on my own projects, but with the recent release of Visual Studio 2017 RC and its improved C++17 support I figured it was time to crack on again... To that e...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 12 hours ago
Isometric RPG devlog #2 - By y_psps
After a maybe 6-8 days working on the character animation and gear system I finally finished it. I animated the character's limbs via code by rotating them/etc and not with drawing each frame separ...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Bow and Arrow beginnings [updated] - By Aardvajk
I've been working a little bit on the view mode with the bow this week. Not spent a lot of time on it but Saturday morning seems to be a good time to update my journal since I have an hour to work...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Isometric RPG devlog #1 - By yps_sps
So I've been working on this isometric RPG for some weeks now, which is actually a remake of my old 2-player splitscreen RPG from years ago. This project is now my so to say "final" project that I...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Platform - By Arthur Lotuz
1 - So I need a little guy walking around  http://i.imgur.com/597LTrL.gif  2 - What about giving him some shape? http://i.imgur.com/u1bNxoA.gif  3 - Maybe making the world around hi...
Self organizing masks local hash - By polyfrag
The brute force approach seems to be too expensive. I've devised a self organizing method.  Let's say we have four levels of masks 0000000000000000 And for the input 0110 it gives fi...
View Mode implementation and wittering - By Aardvajk
Now I have a chase camera working that can be assigned to move to different targets, I've been working on a "view mode" for the player. Holding down the right-mouse button moves the camera to a sho...
Bluetooth web - By polyfrag
Also have some ideas and work for a Bluetooth app called Spice. Must keep it secret right now so nobody steals it I think. But really not enough time to go into details.
Local hash - By polyfrag
Nothing to say today. Just did some sketches of connected segments arrangements for the neural hashes.
local hash - By polyfrag
Hey whats up guys. Im in limbo again and have little current so im sharing my thoughts here. Currently working on thr local hash i described earlier in my posts and making it self organizing. One t...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Rag Doll is back - By Aardvajk
Just a quick post to say I've re-integrated my rag doll system back into the current iteration of the game. This is based on making a set of Bullet shapes from the current skeleton configuration on...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
How I got in to programming - By yps_sps
Long time ago I sorta burned out on programming. I had to keep a break for several months not touching any code and couple of weeks ago I finally decided to come back with "a fresh start"  But...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Mumbling about the Camera system - By Aardvajk
In preparation for being able to do some stuff with the bow aiming, I've ripped out and rewritten the Camera system for the game. I've split what was one system into two classes now, ViewTransform...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 days ago
All Kitted Up - By Aardvajk
 Decided to take a break from player/world interactions and look at something I've never tried before, namely attaching objects like weapons to the player skeleton. http://youtu.be/QkvwX...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 days ago
The GameDev.net community sucks - By Stormynature
Okay so I lied. In reality it is a great community filled with many amazing people. However now that my odious tactic of a clickbait title has got you in here. Please go to and please vot...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 6 days ago
Quick Video - By Aardvajk
Just a quick video showing off the currently-implemented features. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YBHoQPcrfw Preparing a write-up of the kinematic character controller for publishing soon.
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Player character re-implemented - By Aardvajk
So the player controller code is effectively rewritten back to the level it was at before. The player can stand still, turn on the spot, run in any direction, walk in any direction (stopping at e...
My first Kickstarter - Precur - By riuthamus
So, this week I have participated in my first ever KS. CLICK HERE TO VIEW IT  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjIz88NrrVA If you are interested show us some support and get a package...
--> Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Designing a high-level render-pipeline Part 2: Views & passes - By Juliean
Last entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2262313-designing-a-high-level-render-pipeline-part-1-the-previous-state/  Thoughs about how to change things:  So despite not wor...
Designing a high-level render-pipeline Part 1: The Previous state - By Juliean
So I've stopped writing journal entries on my project for a while. Didn't really feel like it anymore, after I took a hiatus for multiple months. Since then I've been working on multiple things, mo...
Designing a high-level render-pipeline Part 3: A visual interface - By Juliean
Last entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2262314-designing-a-high-level-render-pipeline-part-2-views-passes/  To start of, let me tell you that I was basically finished with the...
Edge Detection in my Platformer - By Aardvajk
I've gone and ripped out all of the player controller code from my project with a view to rewriting it from scratch. The previous version was a fairly abstract state machine with each state represe...
Automatic Edge Detection/Clipping in my Platformer - By Aardvajk
I've gone and ripped out all of the player controller code from my project with a view to rewriting it from scratch. The previous version was a fairly abstract state machine with each state represe...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Adventures in Robust Coding - By Awoken
:) :) :) So I am very please because, fingers crossed, after working on this one function for more than two months I think I've finally got it. The goal was the create a function that wou...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Back to the Platformer (again) - By Aardvajk
Well, it's official, I'm bored with the spaceship game already. Went too simple and found it dull to develop, let alone play, so am back with the 3D platform game.   It's the game I alway...