FYI: GameDev.net Has Moved to HTTPS
  Posted by , 02 Jan 2017
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:
Latest Member Activity
Developer Journal - 1 day, 8 hours ago
Weekly update #3: Terrain manipulation and foundation creation. - By Awoken
O.k, so last week I made a post on Thursday detailing the progress I made with regards to terrain manipulation, but I only previewed it and never actually committed to a submit, so I just chucked i...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 18 hours ago
Framework Fun - By Aardvajk
About time I posted an update here. Been a while. I have kind of lost a bit of heart in Om, my scripting language, since I realised that circular references lead to memory leaks unless I imple...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Om Module system - By Aardvajk
Thought I'd try blogging about this before I started implementing anything to try to get it straight in my head. I've decided to change how the Om module system works a little, based on playing aro...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 hours ago
Om - postponing the worry - By Aardvajk
I've decided to just postpone worrying about cycles and memory leaks in Om for the time being. I may have to address this in the future, but for now I've discovered that there are actually so many...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Mission Control - Om has a problem. - By Aardvajk
I realised today why JavaScript doesn't have deterministic destruction. Thought I was so smart basing Om around it. Cycles. If one object A references an object B and B references A, Om w...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
The Om Programming Language :) - By Aardvajk
The Om Programming Language :) Rather a long journal entry today. I hope that someone sticks with it as I'm really getting quite excited about how my scripting langauge is starting to develop now....
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Back to coding - By Finalspace
Hi there, i was working a bit on the next iteration on my game and finally found a nice graphics style to go for: Real tiles and proper lighting, yay! (See the screenshot attached)Even though...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
"instancing" with DX9 - By Norman Barrows
The new PC has arrived (i7-6700K, GTX1080), and I'm starting on the final graphics for the game. Better grass plants were one of the first things. The placeholder graphics were ultra-low-poly,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Orientation Vector - By Awoken
The past couple weeks I've been working on a custom class which I call an Ovector, or Orientation Vector. It's builds off of the THREE.js Vector3() class. With the Ovector Class I can identify...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
[C++] ArrayView-class - By Juliean
So I've been quite busy with refactoring the rendering and other systems of the engine for the last few months, and once I'm done I'll make some more entries for the graphical render-system. T...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 5 hours ago
Om script - template special :) - By Aardvajk
Following on from my last entry where i "discovered" you could use templates to provide a common interface to two unrelated classes, I've now implemented this technique in Om, my scripting compiler...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 16 hours ago
Gamedev toolkit and Level Editors - By imoogiBG
Finally I've got a big chunk of time to program my personal projects.The last several months I was spending my mental state at work( we finally released Phoenix FD 3.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 23 hours ago
C++17 and Memory Mapped IO - By phantom
Repeated from http://imadiversion.co.uk/2016/12/08/c-17-and-memory-mapped-io/ In some ways this is a Part One of this subject, largely because my IO subsystem isn't in any way finished and I have...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Weekly update #1 - By Awoken
So this past week I spent some time trying to make the game look more appealing. Though I am dealing with very simple visuals I'd ideally like to come up with an art style, as I move along, that su...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Compile time "polymorphism" - By Aardvajk
So here is something I just discovered I can do in C++ that I didn't know about. template<class T> class wrapper{public: wrapper(const T &t){ } int length() const { return -1; }}...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 days ago
Om scripting revisited - By Aardvajk
Howdy. Been quiet for a while but have been getting back into my scripting language compiler/virtual machine. No particular reason, just has grabbed my attention for the last few weeks. T...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Priority Number 1 - By Awoken
 I'm going to do it.I've always wanted to realize this game, I want to see it through to its completion. Up until this date I've treated it like a hobby, something I did in my casual spare ti...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
C++ 17 Transformation... - By phantom
I'm basically really bad at working on my own projects, but with the recent release of Visual Studio 2017 RC and its improved C++17 support I figured it was time to crack on again... To that e...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Isometric RPG devlog #2 - By y_psps
After a maybe 6-8 days working on the character animation and gear system I finally finished it. I animated the character's limbs via code by rotating them/etc and not with drawing each frame separ...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Bow and Arrow beginnings [updated] - By Aardvajk
I've been working a little bit on the view mode with the bow this week. Not spent a lot of time on it but Saturday morning seems to be a good time to update my journal since I have an hour to work...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Isometric RPG devlog #1 - By yps_sps
So I've been working on this isometric RPG for some weeks now, which is actually a remake of my old 2-player splitscreen RPG from years ago. This project is now my so to say "final" project that I...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Platform - By Arthur Lotuz
1 - So I need a little guy walking around  http://i.imgur.com/597LTrL.gif  2 - What about giving him some shape? http://i.imgur.com/u1bNxoA.gif  3 - Maybe making the world around hi...
Self organizing masks local hash - By polyfrag
The brute force approach seems to be too expensive. I've devised a self organizing method.  Let's say we have four levels of masks 0000000000000000 And for the input 0110 it gives fi...
View Mode implementation and wittering - By Aardvajk
Now I have a chase camera working that can be assigned to move to different targets, I've been working on a "view mode" for the player. Holding down the right-mouse button moves the camera to a sho...
Bluetooth web - By polyfrag
Also have some ideas and work for a Bluetooth app called Spice. Must keep it secret right now so nobody steals it I think. But really not enough time to go into details.