Introducing our GameDev Marketplace
  Posted by
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:
Latest Member Activity
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Normal Mapping - By lawnjelly
Just a quick one to show that I am working hard on a big update to 3D Paint. Although for myself I only currently needed diffuse painting and rendering, it become clear to me it would be more usefu...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Self organizing masks local hash - By polyfrag
The brute force approach seems to be too expensive. I've devised a self organizing method.  Let's say we have four levels of masks 0000000000000000 And for the input 0110 it gives fi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Bluetooth web - By polyfrag
Also have some ideas and work for a Bluetooth app called Spice. Must keep it secret right now so nobody steals it I think. But really not enough time to go into details.
Local hash - By polyfrag
Nothing to say today. Just did some sketches of connected segments arrangements for the neural hashes.
local hash - By polyfrag
Hey whats up guys. Im in limbo again and have little current so im sharing my thoughts here. Currently working on thr local hash i described earlier in my posts and making it self organizing. One t...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Procedural Texturing in 3D Paint - By lawnjelly
This past week or two I've been adding a kind of procedural texturing to my paint app. One thing I'd noticed is that just using the standard brushes gave a rather smooth, non organic blend between...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 4 days ago
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 323 - By ryan20fun
Greetings.Day 323 I think I need to start off with this tip from uncle Eck "If you see yourself being lazy, call yourself out on it and get back to work! "I have gotten a little lazy, I have...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 5 days ago
Fast Discrete Natural Neighbour Interpolation - By lawnjelly
Spatial interpolation of scattered data is a vital technique used in graphics programming, games, medical, scientific applications, mining, weather forecasting etc. Some of the most widely used tec...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 16 hours ago
3D Paint Preview Video - By lawnjelly
Finally I got around to making a preview video of my little paint app. Screenshots are ok, but a video helps show how the app works a lot better. As with many projects, getting the main functionali...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 6 days ago
WoA IV Judging Feedback - By Bacterius
WoA IV Scoresheet. ----Team: 7 day masochistsGame: namelessDownload: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByRMOIz9rEO0NFlIUkg1MDlwVkE&usp=sharing Members: IYP, newtTech: - Gameplay...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
WoA IV - Looking towards WoA V. - By slicer4ever
Good day to everyone, with the WoA IV wrapping up i'd like to create another yearly post-mortem from my perspective on things, and what i have learned this year for next year. First of all i'd...
Post-Mortem - By Orymus3
At last, time to reflect on WoA IV. 2 weeks have gone by since completion of the project, and I was on Holidays.For the most part, I didn't give much thought to WoA except on a few occasions w...
WoA IV - My Results - By slicer4ever
This is my scoresheet and feedback on each game, please note the feedback is under the scores, not above them! ----Team: 7 day masochistsGame: namelessDownload: https://drive.google.com/folder...
Toy on a Mission UE4 Remix - Day 287 - By ryan20fun
So I have done some stuff since the last entry, Unfortunetly I am unable to recall them.I NEED to take better notes... I have just changed the handling of objectives for the UI.I have changed...
If I were to make Golem now... - By JTippetts
If I were to go back and remake Golem today, what would I do? Where would I start? As I have mentioned in previous entries, I would almost certainly use an engine now instead of rolling my own. (Al...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
C++ IDEs - a rant - By lawnjelly
As regularly happens, I found myself with wrestling to shoehorn SSE code into a codebase compiled with visual c++ 6 (from circa 1998), and realised I should be checking out the more modern IDEs....
Week Of Awesome IV - Postmortem - By ryan20fun
So, Here is the postmortem for my entry. What went (mostly) right: Using UE4 meant that I could get right into building the game and using stuff I don't think I would have completed yet by thi...
Epilogue - By Orymus3
I've taken the time to reflect on the competition now and decided to do a short pre-post-mortem (as I do intend on revisiting after seeing comments from the judges). Why did I join? Bluntly pu...
Week of Awesome I V - Overdue Post Mortem - By Endurion
So now a week has gone by and the dust has settled. I had quite a bit feedback, some good, some bad, but one thing stood out: The spike collision. The collision box is too big. And t...
WoA 2016 | Team Bytetroll | Postmortem - By ByteTroll
I’d first like to apologize for the failure to provide community write-ups during the Week of Awesome. When I had initially started, I had fully planned to write a journal post a day, however, afte...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Day 7 - Learning to 'Man Up' - By Orymus3
So I'm done whining about the day I may have lost to a thunderstorm/tornado combo attack. Instead, I chose to actually get stuff done today. My original list for the day was quite extensive, a...
WoA IV - Post mortom - By slicer4ever
Ah, it's done, 1 hour to spare i might add! The level editor proved to come through, and i was able to build 4 levels, the 4th being my most massive. It was a pretty intense week, going from "this...
Build Instructions - By Orymus3
Orymus' Prometheus (a 'The Week of Awesome IV' gamejam entry)  Build Location https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1nSU4JSGSWiNWo0SHBtcWh2eHM/view?usp=sharing  Recommended specs Resolution...
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 7 - By Servant of the Lord
Here's my final release: [Sepulchre - Grey Army ]  http://puu.sh/qBKQR/510daaf177.png  (coded from scratch using C++ and SFML)  Well, this was an exhausting end-march to the fi...
Week Of Awesome IV - Day 7 - By ryan20fun
Final entry for WoA IV I have finished adding sound effects, I should probably have spent a bit longer tweaking some of them.Overall, I am happy with what I have achieved. I had to cut so...